healthy and happy. one of these days.

17 February 2010

The Food, the Bad, the Ugly

(I know, Good doesn't really work with Food. Oh well, we can't all be Billy Shakespeare ya know!)

Okay anyway, today was good and bad in two ways.

The good way was that my breakfast was healthy and delish!:

*1 vanilla chobani with kashi honey sunshine cereal mixed in
*half a WW bagel with 2 tbsp The Bees Knees PB&Co peanut butter
*glass of OJ

The other good thing is that I packed the following things to eat/snack on at work today:

small green apple
big handful of baby carrots
sandwich: arnold’s thin, handful of baby spinach, 2 slices of avocado, 4 bread and butter pickles, 1 LCL wedge.

Vitatop (cranbran)
Serving of all-bran garlic and herb crackers

Here’s where the two bad things enter in.

1: I only ate the all-bran crackers. At 4pm. I didn’t eat anything from my breakfast at 6:45am until those crackers at 4pm. I was literally up and around and working so much at such a frenzied pace that it wasn’t until 2pm that I even thought about food – and not until 4pm when I could actually pause long enough to eat something while still continuing to work. It was just one of those days.

The other bad thing is that I had the opportunity to come home and eat the food I had packed, but instead went out to dinner with my best friend from grad school. I got a meatball sub, a diet coke, and we shared fries. I’d say I had 20 fries at most. Somewhere between a handful and 20.

I feel guilty about my dinner tonight, I do. Yesterday I didn’t, but today I do. Even if it balances out calorie-wise because I had so little in the beginning of the day, it’s not how I like to eat my meals. I don’t like to eat heavily in the evenings. Tonight I ate heavily AND in the face of having a lighter healthier meal right in front of me. Sigh. But at least I’m here blogging about it. I guess I’ve got that going for me. …it’s a stretch though!

EDIT: I thought of a THIRD good thing to tip the scales towards good: I stuck to Lent: Sweets n' Jobs! No sweets. Boom. Also, I added a second Lent thing - hence the "'n Jobs" - I'm going to do something job-search-related every day. Doesn't have to be applying to a job necessarily, but something. Talking to someone, signing up for a networking event, working on a cover letter, what have you. Right now I'm off to finish an application I've been working on, and I'm waiting on an email from a friend about a connection she might have for me - so I'm going to pursue that too if she gets back to me tonight. Lent Day One is a success.

2 comments:

kaitlin said...

Haha, I love "Sweets n' Jobs" for Lent. Brilliant! =)

Jen said...

You can do it. And don't feel guilt. It was one sub... and a handfull of fries. Look how far you have come.

I gave up my scale for Lent!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails