healthy and happy. one of these days.

05 October 2009

Meal of Fortune (am I obsessed with game shows??)

Breakfast: (eaten in car)
*Banana
*Can of V8

Lunch:

*Arnold’s Sandwich Thin with 2 tbsp peanut butter
*Gala apple
*string cheese

Snack: (eaten in the car on the way home from temping to the gym)

*2 Nature Valley Honey n Oats packets (so 4 bars all together…I was hungry!!!)

Dinner:

*salad: spinach, cucumbers, shredded carrots, green pepper, 1 chopped string cheese, ½ a can of tuna, 3 tbsp tzatziki sauce as dressing

***

As I mentioned on my twitter so I wouldn’t forget, my weigh in this morning was

243.6

So, it’s still a loss, yay, but nowhere near what I thought it would be, given my exercise and eating during the week. Hmm. I’m not really too hung up about it, because it’s a new week and my body and things will level themselves out. Maybe I had too much salt and not enough water and that made things crazygonuts.

***

I went to the gym today too. 35 minutes on the treadmill:

5 walking
5:10 jogging (@5.0!!! I did it finally, 5 all the way through! On a 1.0 incline)

I can’t remember the exact numbers after this, I walked at 3.0 for a little while, then bumped it up along with the incline until I hit 20 minutes. I know for three minutes I was doing an incline of 7.5 at 3.5mph and it was killing me – it almost felt harder than the jogging! I also, in a fit of craziness, ran for 40-50 seconds (I didn’t see exactly when I started, so I’m guessing) on 6.0! Just to see what it felt like. It definitely got the ol’ legs moving!

So all in all, a good day. Made some money, ate well, and did some moves. I was a little bummed this morning with the numbers, but, ya know, it happens. And sometimes the numbers aren’t directly proportional to the work you put in – the body can be a crazy thing. And that’s okay! The important part, I think, is that I keep going! And I did today!

PS – Can I just say, using tzatziki sauce is the best idea I’ve ever had? Seriously, it is so damn delicious. I had always thought of it as a dip prior to now. But it’s got a great taste, and at 25 calories for 1 tbsp, it’s hard to beat. 25/tbsp for the amazing taste you get is phenomenal, especially considering that fat-free or light ranch dressing tastes like feet.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your loss!!:) I might have to try out that tzatziki sauce...what i have been doing is mixing FF ranch with BBQ sauce and it tastes really good...I have that on my chicken wraps...

geneesweight said...

wow! congrats on the loss and waytogo on the diet...I hope I can learn to be so diciplined :)

266 said...

Excellent job on the exercise and the loss!!

Fat[free]Me said...

You are doing well - you are right, the scales are not always just! Next week will be amazing, I bet.

MissyM said...

I bet next week will be a big loss. Good job on all the exercise.

Tina said...

A loss is a loss! I love tzatziki. I don't know why I don't use it more. Thanks for the reminder!

From Fat to Fit said...

That salad sounds so yummy! I will have to give that sauce a try...

Unknown said...

I have something for you on my blog:)

Kathleen said...

I started trying to lose weight in April of this year. I weighed 270. I have lost 28.5 pounds, and just started a walking program. I hope to eventually get down to 155 pounds. It comes off so slowly, and on so fast. You seem to be doing great. You also seem quite disiplined...how do you do it? Good to know you, hugs, Kathleen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails