healthy and happy. one of these days.

04 December 2009

Don't Just Stand There Bust a Food.

My girl Chai over at We Kin Get Thin did this today and I'm gonna follow. I'm a follower, and I'm cool with it. You can do it too in the comments or your own lovely blogspaces.

1. Who are you?

Hi! I'm Laura. I'm 26 and I live in the DC Metro area. I'm an only child so I'm part weird part bratty part trying to not be bratty. I love the Virginia Tech Hokies, Hello Kitty, office/craft supplies and music.

2. What is your current health/weight status?

I weigh 221.2, at least I did on Wednesday. I'm making it a point to NOT get on the scale until Monday. No peeking.

Other than being overweight, I think I'm fairly healthy, *knock on wood* no known illnesses. But my health is progressing. I'm progressing.

Mental health? Totally crazy.

3. What does being "healthy" mean to you?

Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and leave Chai's answer, it's perfect.

To me, being healthy means that you are -
a) at a weight that puts no added stress on your body and its functions.
b) in a physical condition that feels comfortable and able.
c) represented physically how you feel mentally and emotionally.

4. What is your ultimate goal?

Well, the title of this ol' blog is One Hundred in Twelve, so I would like to lose 100 pounds in a year. So my goal weight is 160, at least for now. When I get there (WHEN WHEN WHEN, not IF...I just have to keep saying that...) I'll reevaluate and see how I feel.

I want to be at a weight that I can maintain relatively comfortably, but still feel healthy and fit and confident and sexy and all that jazz. So we'll see what that is.

5. What is the biggest obstacle on your way to your goal?

That whole "mental health" thing. I don't think I'm legitimately crazy (except for about a week every month, I go nuts. Stupid hormones) but I do think I dabble in depression and whatever the clinical term for "excessive worrier" would be. I have raging insecurities and I've recently been realizing that I'm gonna have to start doing something about my emotions in addition to the extra poundage.

6. Who or what do you look up to the most, in regards to your goals?

I've actually never thought about this. I don't know if there's one ultimate person or thing - but I am inspired every day by all of you - a meal here, a new exercise here, and great attitudes as far as the eye can see.

Nic is honest and driven, Kat is me in a bizarro world, 105 in 365 is a great cheerleader, 266 is motivated and open, Janetha B is hilarious and inspirational, Mary has the attitude and self-worth I covet, Karen has accomplished SO much, Marisa is always so cheerful, Fat Bridesmaid is sassy and hilarious, and Sara works out like a champ.

That's just a small sampling of the many many blogs I read. I would go on but I'm too lazy to keep linking. Seriously.

7. If you could take a magic potion, instead of working for it, would you?

YEP! Done.

8. What do you look forward to the most?

Oh man, how much time do you have? I can't wait to not think about what angle might make me look thinnest in pictures. I can't wait to finally have the style I've always wanted. I can't wait to be proud of the way I look. I can't wait to finish what I've started and accomplish a MAJOR goal. I can't wait to walk briskly or go up flights of stairs and not be immediately winded. I can't wait to have the confidence and self-esteem I deserve. I can't wait to have the confidence to share my life with someone. I can't wait to not worry about weight limits for ANYTHING (sky diving, amusement parks, standing on chairs, etc).

I can't wait until the Outside Me accurately reflects the Inner Me.

9. What is the biggest lesson you've learned so far?

A setback doesn't mean complete failure.

10. Do you have any big rewards planned?

I'm really just interested in new clothing. I want a nice houndstooth-pattern coat when I finally get to goal weight. No other real rewards. Though I do need a haircut like nobody's business.

Now YOU GO!

(And on to day-to-day boringness:)


Vitamins – check!

Water - 112oz! (Update: It's now 132oz!! I had a bottle as I was watching White Collar with my fam - does anyone else watch that show?! I love it. Not only for the man candy but it's pretty creative and slick.)

No gym or anything today. I did laundry and went on an epic search for tortillas that took almost three hours.

Breakfast:

*egg subst. with a sprinkling of garlic salt, and sautéed zucchini, 1 LCL wedge and a big heap of salsa
*can of V8

Snack:

*cup veggie crunchers
*cup peppermint hot chocolate

Dinner:

*baked sweet potato fries (half a sweet potato, seasoned with paprika and cumin)
*fajitas (chicken, red peppers and onions) on a low carb/high fiber tortilla and 2 tbsp light sour cream

Dessert:

*skinny cow ice cream cone

Okay, do you know why there was no lunch? Because I was going to make the fajitas for lunch instead – and I went out searching for a particular type that we were out of. I was gone for almost three hours. And then I found them at the store that was a mile from my house. To my credit, I started farthest away because I wanted to listen to my newly made Glee CDs and so I was cool with taking the long way :-) And then I just wanted to get home and freaking get something to eat!!! GEEZ.

Luckily the wait was worth it, ‘cause they were exactly what I wanted…since yesterday when Kat had fajitas and then I wanted them. Copycat. I iz one.

5 comments:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

I made fajitas for dinner last night too-so good!

266 said...

Great post! Thanks for the shout out too! I especially love your answer to #9; that realization has helped me immensely!

Chai Latté said...

Yay!! thanks for doing my survey :-) I also like your #9. SO true!

Find my way back said...

Love the post. It made me think about what I would say for sure. Too chicken to write it all out but thank you for making me think about some things. Love your blog.

Dree said...

I love this post! I identify with your goal too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails