healthy and happy. one of these days.

03 September 2009

Breakfast

It’s time to shit or get off the pot, as they say. Though I never really liked that phrase. Any references to toilets creep me out.

Um, what was the point of this? Oh, right, breakfast. Excellent transition, if I do say so myself.

About ¾ of a cup of low fat cottage cheese.
1 piece of toast, whole wheat/whole grain bread
On top of the aforementioned toast, one Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge, spread.
On top of toast and cheese spread, egg substitute…thing, I guess, fried (?) but I only used Pam to cook it. Over-hard, maybe? I don’t understand egg preparations.
A smidge of ketchup on the egg/cheese/bread creation.
Cup of coffee with a little bit of Sugar-Free French Vanilla Coffee-Mate

I have no idea what the calorie count for this is, nor do I care to know. I don’t want it to be about measuring and calories and science, at least not right now. Measuring out your food isn’t realistic. For me this is about healthy eating, choosing foods that are beneficial to me. Long lasting health a diet does not make. I do know that the cottage cheese and bread are the highest in calories, but I’m okay with it because they’re pretty healthy with fiber and protein and what not.

I chose these foods either because I know that they are good for me, and/or they are low calorie versions of their fuller-fat siblings but still taste good. And believe me, I do not make that endorsement lightly. It irritates the hell out of me when people say “Oh, just drink water with a fingernail’s worth of Splenda mixed in, it tastes just like cake! Yummy!” …Bullshit. I call bullshit. No, it doesn’t. And punishing myself in such a way is only going to drive me to said cake quicker. Also, grown adults using the word “yummy” does things to my central nervous system you wouldn’t believe.

(Oh, okay, fine, I know coffee isn’t the healthiest, but it is DELICIOUS. Have you tasted it? Seriously. And I do believe stimulates your metabolism, no? I mean, nothing long-lasting but I’ll take it. I’ve heard green tea is good for the metabolism also. Maybe I’ll give that a try during the day sometime.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails