healthy and happy. one of these days.

03 September 2009

o.m.g.

Totally went to the gym today. I’m a member of Spark People and I wrote a short blog and I briefly mentioned that I was thinking about bringing workout clothes along with me so that after a meeting I had today, I would go straight to the gym.

…are you sitting down?

I actually did what I said I was going to do. It’s the small victories, people. I hopped on the treadmill for 20 minutes, only 4:30 of which was jogging, but that’s enough to start with. I weigh 260 - I’m not Flo Jo. Then I used a few weight machines, for about 20 minutes. Then back on the treadmill for 15, all walking.

It’s a good start for me, I’m happy with what I did. Often I beat myself up for not doing enough, because I hold unrealistic expectations for myself. I’m trying to not do that this time around. I went to the gym, I worked out, I broke a sweat, and I feel a little sore. That’s good.
I do need workout playlist help, though. It hasn’t been updated in a long time, and only currently has five songs on it. This isn’t really helpful, and I’ve grown tired of the songs. I think I might do a little research and see what other people listen to and spice up my own.

Food update:

I haven’t eaten dinner yet. Which is also to say, I haven’t eaten since breakfast (though it was around 10:30AM). I know this is a problem, and I usually don’t let this much time pass in between eating something. I had to leave around 12:45 for a meeting in my nearby city, and didn’t get back into my town/the gym until 4:15PM, and I didn’t get home until 5:30PM. Next time I’ll bring a little bar or a piece of fruit to eat.

Anyway, stay tuned for the dinner update.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails