healthy and happy. one of these days.

02 September 2009

Deep breaths, take the plunge.

You may have noticed the name of this blog is 100in12. And that I haven't made any mention of weights or numbers or scales or anything.

I am super good at this, you guys.

Okay, maybe I'll give a little effort.Even though it's at night and that is not prime results time*, I'm doing it anyway.

*goes to bathroom, steps on scale, shouts obscenities*

I'm back!

260.6 - that is officially the most I have ever weighed in my life. The last time I embarked on a weight loss journey (the 2007-2008 time frame I mentioned earlier) I started at 258. So, not that much of a difference, but it still smarts quite a bit. I have been avoiding the scale for just this reason.

If you're curious, that pans out to a size 24.

You ever take a step back and thing, holy god, I wear a size TWENTY FOUR? I spend most of my time trying not to think about it and concentrate on my image of myself in my head, and while MentalVersion is still big, she's still considerably smaller than RealLifeVersion.

So if we're in the business of setting goals, that means that by September of Two Thousand and Ten A.D., I will weigh 160.6. I will still be overweight for my height, but a hell of a lot happier. I'm not one of those women who is hell bent on weighing 110 and wearing a bikini and looking like Heidi Klum when I wake up in the morning. The smallest I've been in the last two years was 195, and I felt amazing. So 16o should feel pretty damn good. If I can just stick to it and try.

100 in 12 works out to be about 8 pounds a month, or two pounds a week, which is a healthy and realistic amount. Though it requires consistent results, which I've had trouble with in the past.

But here we go. September 09: 260.6

*If you're curious, my usual method of weighing myself is to do it once a week, usually in the morning. Always on the same day, and most often without clothing, and after going to the bathroom. I know, I'm not a wrestler, but I'm a vain woman who tries to shave off any spare ounce I can through trickery.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails