healthy and happy. one of these days.

19 September 2009

Thanks, Eminem.

I was at the gym today (GASP! On Saturday, you say?! I know, I know. I can't believe it either. I'm claiming temporary insanity.) and was doing my thing on the elliptical. My original plan was to get into the cardiovascular section, which means going for 32 minutes. As I was about halfway through the 31st minute, my workout playlist changed to 'Til I Collapse, by Eminem.

No matter what workout I'm doing, time of day, gym equipment, whatever, this song motivates the lead out of me. Lead, shit, crap, lethargy, all of the above! This happens every time. How can you just stop your workout when Eminem tells you:

"Cause sometimes you just feel tired.
You feel weak and when you feel weak you feel like you wanna just give up.
But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
and just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up
and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse."

So I kept going until I hit 40 minutes! I mean, the song is only what, four minutes long? - but I had the motivation from the song to keep me going! YAH!

And now that means I worked out four days this week - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I always aim for four days. Any more is the sugar free icing on the angel food cake.

And now this, for no reason at all:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job! Music can be very motivating!

Diane, Fit tot the Finish said...

It's pretty amazing that when we are just ready to quit, something happens that makes us get recharged! Great that music did that for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails