healthy and happy. one of these days.

31 October 2009

You Meally Got Me Now

Went to the ol’ gym today but I did things a little differently. Instead of driving there, I walked/jogged! It’s almost exactly a mile away from my house. And I know what you’re thinking: “you’ve been driving all these other times!?!?”…Yep. I’m kind of embarrassed about it which is why I have never mentioned how far away my gym is. It’s a what, 2 minute drive from door to door? But really, I’m embarrassed about it in a carbon footprint kind of way, not even a “get in extra exercise for nothing” way. Meh.

ANYWAY. So I would say on the way there I jogged about half. When I got to the gym I did 6 weight machines in total, and then did some bicep/tricep stuff with free weights. About halfway through my time there I got on the elliptical for 10 minutes because I wanted to get my heart rate back up but also because I was bored. On the way home I walked the whole time. I was tired!

So it was a good workout. And I think I jogged faster than usual because I’m still kind of wheezy. It’s really attractive when I try and laugh and end up coughing and hacking. GENTLEMEN, LOOK NO FURTHER. I’m right here. *wink*. *cough* (And actually, keep reading gents because I talk about my boobs.)

I got two NSVs and a microphone motivator:

NSV: Crossing my legs again. It’s just barely possible. But they can stay there on their own whereas before I either couldn’t do it or had to push my leg against something else to keep it from sliding off the other one. That was one of the more embarrassing things because being able to cross my legs (despite reading articles about how it’s bad for you, causing veins or whatever) makes me feel more womanly. I don’t do it often because of said articles, but still. I like being able to do it again.

Another (kind of tmi) NSV: My bras seem to be properly fitting now, bordering on getting a bit loose. When I bought them I was still kind of stuffing into them, I should have gone one size up. But now they fit, the clasps are on the tightest row and when I wear them, there is a space in between my boobs. I covet that space. I’m cool with having bigger boobs, but when they’re just smooshed and stuffed into each other they don’t seem appealing to me. That little bit of space that separates them, that’s what enhances the cleavage and makes me feel a hell of a lot better about my gigantic boobs (the bra I wear now is a 44G. G!) Also, can I say, I have a bra that’s a 40DDD and I looked at it today and it looked TINY to me. Tiny! RiDDDiculous.

Motivator: I’m so looking forward to not caring if the wind is blowing AT me, and it pushes my shirts right up against my stomach and exposes its rotund and lumpy outline. I don’t need a six pack but I am looking forward to a flatter stomach terrain. I don’t need the tum tum to have it’s own topography, is what I’m saying.

Oh, I thought of another motivator. Taking that next picture! I took a progress picture when I had lost 22 pounds, so I’ll probably take the next one when I get down to 220ish, or a 40 pound loss. I’m hoping the Challenge will help get me there!

Breakfast:

*gala apple
*1/2 a cup cottage cheese
*half an arnold’s thin with 1 tbsp peanut butter
*cup of milk

Lunch:

*wrap: large whole wheat wrap, handful of baby spinach, shredded carrots, chicken, 2 or 3 tbsp of tzatziki sauce, 5 small bread and butter pickles
*1/2 a cup of cottage cheese (see, I had a full cup prepared at breakfast but I only at half because I was full from everything else, so for lunch I finished it up. Stay tuned for more thrilling tales)

Snack:

*10 strawberries

Dinner:

*crab salad on romaine lettuce: crab salad was a can of lump meat, 2 tbsp mayo, 1 tsp traditional English mustard (whatever that means), shredded carrots, and a sprinkling of Old Bay and pepper. Mixed it with romaine lettuce and ¼ of a cucumber, diced.

NO CANDY! No candy today. I did look at the nutritional value of all the mini and fun-sized bars, but I decided it wasn't really worth it. There were a few times today when, due to various circumstances, I was irritated and frustrated and in those moments I wanted to eat candy. But I didn't.

Sadly the journey starts here - we have SO much leftover and since my parents are retired and I'm jobless, no one can exactly take it to work to get rid of it. And I'm not gonna throw it away since I didn't buy it, I don't think that'd be fair. I guess we'll see what kind of self-discipline I have!

4 comments:

Someday SkinnyMinnie said...

The first day I did my running I had that weezy coughy thing happening too. The next time it was gone, like I just had to kick my lungs into shape a bit and they were good to go. I'm proud of you!

Woo hoo for your NSVs and you are all about the tuna/chicken/seafoods salads, aren't you, girlie?

nic said...

What a great day! Boob space and jogging to the gym!

I totally remember what it was like to be able to cross my legs again, so I'm VERY excited for you! That's a huge deal!

Learning to be Less said...

Wow! I have to say my favorite NSV to this day is crossing my legs. I now do it all the time. Even in the car (if I'm not driving).

I wish I could have left the candy alone. Good job! And jogging to the gym? That I have never done. You are an inspiration!

Keep it up and you will be at new pics in no time!

paulawannacracker said...

Sounds like a grea day. Good for you for walking/jogging to the gym. Wish I lived within walking distance from a gym. I might go more often.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails