healthy and happy. one of these days.

01 November 2009

Hello Foodbye

Not much to say about today. I never changed out of my pajamas. I managed to not take a nap, which I consider to be the most impressive thing I accomplished all day. Ha!

In other news, I finally got some more peppermint tea in the house. It is my FAVORITE. I had a huge smile on my face just looking at the box. Peppermint is one of my most favorite flavors in anything, but aah, the tea is just...it's clean, christmas-y, wintry snow in a cup. I had a very "autumn" lunch today, but with this tea I'm already at Christmas.

Holiday season hooray!

Breakfast:

*1/2 cup cottage cheese
*Arnold’s Sandwich Thin with 2 tbsp 1/3 Less Fat cream cheese and 3 sliced strawberries on top

Snack:

*gala apple

Lunch:

*4 oz chicken breast (cooked in Pam and a mix of cayenne pepper, black pepper, a little paprika and cumin, garlic powder, and salt, spicy!)
*a mash/mix of: sweet potato, onion, gala apple.

I roughly chopped half an onion, a medium size sweet potato, and one gala apple. I sprinkled a little nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper on them, and coated the mixture with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Baked it at 400 degrees for 30ish minutes, maybe a little less? I did it in 10 minute intervals and stirred the mixture each time.

I mashed the whole thing up just a little bit to really blend everything together. I ate half of the mixture for lunch. It was SO GOOD. And tasted like fall. And it was sweet, so eating it together with the spicy chicken was an excellent combo.

Snack:

*individual size sabra hummus with cucumber slices and broccoli florets

Dinner:

*the same thing as lunch. Heh!

2 comments:

nic said...

MAN! That sounds good!

Foodie Girl said...

Autumn is totally my favorite season because it rolls right into Christmas. The tastes and smells all bring back those nostalgic memories. The tea sounds heavenly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails