healthy and happy. one of these days.

05 November 2009

it's not a dream anymore, it's worth fighting for

Lyrics from Paramore's Looking Up, anyone? I think I've written the lyrics as a post before. It's kind of my favorite song right now. I always get excited when it comes up on the ol' workout playlist. Everytime I hear that line that I used above, I'm reminded that I'm DOING things right now. I know I have a ways to go, but I'm DOING it. It kind of puts me in the moment and makes me proud of my efforts. So I likez it.

So...

Just got back from the gym AND the pool! Take that, goals I set for myself! Only two more gym sessions left and a little quality time with Jillian and her shredding. For the week, anyway :-P

Gym was good. 11 minutes on the treadmill, like 4 of which were jogging. WAH WAH WAHHHHHHH. (game show fail noise) I haven’t really been challenging myself too much with the jogging. Ever since I discovered that jogging outside doesn’t have you staring at a clock as each unattractive-panting-filled second ticks by, I can’t get jazzed up about that treadmill. Even when I cover up the display with a towel, I can't always talk myself out of peeking...every 20 seconds. Of course, have I been jogging outside this week? Of course not. Anyway, back to today’s gym time. I did weights. And I upped the weight on a lot of them, so yay! I even attempted this one:




I brought my knees up to my chest, but I could only do it THREE TIMES. I can’t support myself on that thing quite yet. There’s certainly room for improvement! Yeesh. Other than this machine’s disaster, the workout was good.

Pool was good too. I swam for 35 minutes! I didn’t take any big breaks either.

And here is the waffle recipe from yesterday! I love that it uses whole wheat flour, and it's very simple and quick and easy. Those are always my qualifiers for baking now! It is:

1 ½ (1.5) cups whole wheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tbsp “pumpkin pie spice” (OR 1 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg)
1/8 tsp salt
2 eggs
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 2/3 cups milk
¼ cup canola oil

I mixed the dry ingredients and then added the wet ones. Instead of eggs I used egg substitute, and for the brown sugar I used about half brown, half Splenda. And I just realized, but didn’t do it, I could have replaced the oil with applesauce.

It made 10 waffles in my iron. And they freeze well and toast up nicely!

PS: This is suuuper random, but can LOST come back on now?! I can't wait until January. I want it now! (said with Veruca Salt accent)

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Keep at those hanging crunches. You'll see your waist disappear in no time. I actually just ordered one of those for my home gym. Can't wait to get it.

Dree said...

Great job with that machine! It looks tough. I have avoided it at all costs! Lol. You're doing so great with the goals that you have set for yourself. Woo!

Kat said...

Awesome job at the gym! I'm scared of that "pull up your lower body with your abs" machine. Well, scared to try it on my own. And I might just have to try that waffle recipe!

PS - Ditto on Lost. I was watching an embarrassingly bad movie yesterday and Juliet was in it. It made me angry. I want it now.

Greta from www.bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com said...

Great job today! You need some super duper crazy peppy music for your jogging, maybe. Thanks to my kids...here are a couple songs for your jogging time: Rev Theory "Hell Yeah", Iron Maiden "Run To The Hills", Black Eyes Peas "Pump It" and Hoobastank "Out Of Control". I want a full report if those help you to last a bit longer and not peek under the towell quite as much! :)

We do not have that crunch thing at my gym....at least not that I have seen (might be downstairs where all those huge muscly people lift free weights....hmmm)...but we did get the one that hangs in the doorway for at home. It is similar....there are arm straps that support the arms and then you lift up knees.... IT IS HARD. My oldest son is a swimmer and he does it...can actually bring his ankles up to the bar a few times...and I have noticed a difference in his abs since using the contraption. Also, my chiropractor highly recommends it (the door way one and the evil one in your gym). So..keep at it.....it definitely is doing something!

nic said...

I love jogging/running outside because there really is no option to quit. You go out, you must come back, and the only way to do that is with more activity.

Thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to make those!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails