healthy and happy. one of these days.

07 November 2009

Soul for Meal

Nic did a post about things that she loved about her body, so I'm gonna share too.

+I like my general shape. Dare I say it - it's kind of hourglass. A large novelty hourglass, but the shape is there nonetheless. I carry most of my weight visibly in front on my stomach, especially the lower stomach. But I know, I just have this feeling, that I'm gonna like the shape underneath more and more as I shed pounds and inches. On that glorious day whenever it is that I have reached goal weight, I'll still have curves, and that is exactly what I want. 

+And for the most part I'm pretty proportionate.

+And my legs are strong. I actually like to do the leg press machine at the gym. It's my favorite. 9 years of soccer helped.

+I also like my shoulders. Super random, but I do. 9 years of swimming helps.

Breakfast:

*egg scramble: onions, green pepper, egg substitute, 1 LCL wedge, a sprinkling of garlic salt, and some salsa

Snack:

*carrots, broccoli dipped in sabra original hummus (individual size)
*18 all-bran crackers

Lunch:

*cup of veggie crunchers (keeping my serving of these to a cup or less is a constant test to my discipline. for serious.)
*sandwich: arnold’s sandwich thin, 1 LCL wedge, 1 string cheese cut up, 5 oz chicken, put under the broiler and toasted up all bubbly and delishhh
*can of V8

Snack:

*mug of peppermint hot chocolate

Dinner:

*chicken sandwich: half a breast of the baked chicken I made the other night, half a piece of American cheese, a few cucumber slices, lettuce, mayo, and ketchup.

I was in the mood for a turkey burger but not in the mood to go out and buy ground turkey, so I just had a makeshift-chicken version instead. It was good! And it was the first time in at least two months that I’ve had a slice of regular American cheese. I ate the other half by itself, slowly enjoying the cheesy goodness. It was a nice little treat!

2 comments:

Lil Miss D (105in365) said...

I like this! Even though we're trying to change everything it's important to remember what we DO like! Thanks for the reminder (watch out though, I'm totally stealing it lol) Keep up the amazing work. You're an inspiration!

nic said...

Thanks for sharing! I love when people remember the positives in this journey. A lot of us get so focused on what's "wrong" and that just makes it harder to reach our goals.

That peppermint hot cocoa idea was the TOPS! I tried it the other night and it was friggin' delicious! Thank god for blogs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails