healthy and happy. one of these days.

04 November 2009

The Meal Slim Shady

I think I’m growing as a person, you guys. Well, shrinking, actually, but you know what I mean.

I went to the grocery store this morning (my fave one, Wegman’s. Best. Store. Ever.) and I hadn’t eaten anything yet – I wanted pumpkin waffles for breakfast and would settle for nothing less! – and I managed to come out of there with only 1 off-list item.

I was wandering the aisles, as one does when one has not eaten breakfast yet and is in the land of delicious deliciousness, but I managed to not go crazy. I won’t lie, I looked at a few things and searched for a few things and considered them, but thought better of it. I examined: garlic naan, like four different kinds of soup, pretzels, muffin mixes, cheese, mushrooms (I mean, I like mushrooms but what the fuck?) and I looked for vitatops but didn’t find them – it’s probably better that way. Granted, I was looking at/for things that fall right in line with my efforts here and all, but I know better!

The off-list item I did get was All-Bran crackers. I think those are the one that Christa eats sometimes, no? Haha, first veggie crunchers, now all-bran crackers. I’m such a copycat. (see below for snack and dinner foods - totally stole from other bloggers!)

Anyhoodle, I got the Garlic and Herb kind, and I had one to taste when I got home…WOW. They are GOOD. And great nutrition stats to boot. I feel NO shame for going off-list for these. They are scrumptious.

Gym? Check. 40 minutes on the elliptical. Whew!

*Oh I’ve also decided another goal for this week’s challenge is to DO LAUNDRY. It’s bad. Real bad.*

Pre-Breakfast:

(ha, I’m inventing a new genre. The Pre-Breakfast. For when you are starving and can’t wait 30 minutes. It’s either a Pre Breakfast now or a XXXXL Breakfast later, ya dig?)

*A little over ½ a cup cottage cheese
*One all-bran cracker (had to try it!)

Breakfast:

*two pumpkin waffles (whole wheat) According to SP Recipe calculator, each waffle is 163 cals, 3g fiber, 5g protein. I’ll take it!

Snack:

*1 serving all-bran crackers (18)
*1 tbsp salsa cream cheese dip
*cup of peppermint hot chocolate

Okay, so Nic over at the last twenty had a delicious post about her fave “free” drinks and one of them was Swiss Miss’ Sensible Sweets Diet hot chocolate. 25 calories, peeps! AND THEN – in the comments section, the woman I now owe my life to mentioned that she makes the hot chocolate but uses Peppermint Tea for the water, so you get a peppermint hot chocolate mug-o-heaven.

So I made that today. And it was indeed a mug-o-heaven.

Lunch:

*salad: baby spinach, shredded carrots, cucumber, 2 tbsp tzatziki sauce
*1/2 pumpkin waffle with 1 tbsp 1/3 less fat cream cheese

Dinner:

*4 oz baked chicken (breaded in panko, tarragon, onion, and a little garlic – idea totally stolen then adapted from meals and moves’ Janetha B!)
*mashed sweet potato
*steamed broccoli

2 comments:

nic said...

YAY! I'm so glad that post came out with great ideas. I'm totally going to add almond extract to my cocoa because that sounds awesome too.

Additionally, pumpkin waffle recipe: PLEASE SHARE!

Foodie Girl said...

Yes, I would love to see that waffle recipe. Thanks for some great ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails