healthy and happy. one of these days.

07 September 2009

Lists, Music, Snacks, Oh My!

Check this out:




BOOM. All checked off! Haha, even though “paint nails” is neither difficult nor tedious. But hey, it’s still on the list. I even cleaned/organized my bathroom, and that isn’t even on the list.

I got through my chores/activities today with the help of a Get Up and Go playlist I made for myself. It includes (song, artist):




M79 - Vampire Weekend
Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys
SexyBack Remix - Justin Timberlake ft. Clipse
Ooh La La - Goldfrapp
Mmm Papi - Britney Spears
Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
Feeling Good - Michael Buble
I'm on a Boat - The Lonely Island (the SNL guys)
Don't Stop Believin' (Glee Cast version) - Glee Cast
Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon
Womanizer - Britney Spears
Closer - Ne-Yo
Little Secrets - Passion Pit
I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Single - New Kids on the Block
Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti & Spearhead
Proud Mary - Tina Turner

SUCH a random (and embarrassing – I’m looking at you, New Kids and Speedwagon) selection, I know. But they all make me happy, or they’re fun to sing along with, you get the idea.

In terms of exercise, I live in a 3 level townhouse - my room is on the top floor and the washer/dryer is in the basement. I only did two (enormous) loads but I made several more trips, and I counted the steps. A total of 736 steps, up and down. This equals out to 28 trips up and down, or 14 trips each way. I definitely sweat a bit, and I was out of breath because I made sure to hustle when I was going up and down.

I also did some free weight exercises with some *sheepish look* seriously dusty hand weights I had in the corner of my room. Heh. I did three sets of ten for five different arm/chest moves, and then the same rep amount of an oblique side-to-side type of move. Apologies, I am terrible at identifying names of muscle movement exercises. You remember when I referred to one gym machine as “the butt one”, right? At least oblique is in the right direction. Anyway.

Overall, I don’t think my cardio exercise today was strenuous enough, but at least I did something. I guess the day isn’t over, though; maybe I will do a little dancing. Dancing is the one thing that I could do forever and never tire of it. If I could relive my life I would absolutely enroll in dance classes at a young age and stay with it, even if I didn’t do anything professionally with it.

I'm currently eating a snack. Raw carrots/broccoli, and tzatziki sauce for enhanced tastiness:

I really love tzatziki sauce. If I find out it contains any of that artificial crap I mentioned earlier, I will be upset. Actually I might not care enough to stop eating the stuff. It's just so good. And as long as you don't bathe in it, it's not high-calorie.

And yes, it's sitting on my desk and those papers are begging to be sorted through and organized. Meh to the Pppbbbbth.





PS - Nail polish color? My current favorite, Macks, by Essie:

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Love that you posted your playlist. I've been trying to make one of my own and like inspiration from others.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails